R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How many has wife/girl that hates RC
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 03:47 PM
RCGaryK
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WinnipegRacer
Ridden hard and put away wet too many times if you ask me.
I'd just say she's a butter face....

Actually, I am just out of an 11 year relationship where my ex not only hated my racing, she treated it like I was cheating on her and it was another woman. I lost 2 local track championships because of her BS that "If I really loved her I would stay home and not go to the track". It got especially hard when I started working in the industry and I really needed to go to the track as part of my job. It was crap. Seriously, from someone who's gone thru it... If your partner doesn't understand your hobby, whether it's stamp collecting, racing toy cars, or golfing, then you need to take a serious look at things. Now, I am not saying that she needs to race with you. Hell, she doesn't even need to go to the track with you, ever. But there's nothing wrong with going out and having a good time playing with toy cars for bowling trophies. If you ask most which they'd rather have, someone how goes out and spends $200 getting hammered at a local bar or $200 racing RC, I think most would say RC. Plus, I have also gotten to the point where I am just too damn old and stubborn to want to change.