R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trouble spraying Parma Fascolor.
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Bwadd2002
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default Airbrush

Big Red,

The key to faskolor is that not all colors, and bottles of colors are the same unfortunately you basically have to start out with feel.... so what I do is I attempt to spray it stock out of the bottle by putting a few drops in my cup and set out on a piece of scrap lexan. I try to do thin lines, and I test big spray patterns, and see what the paint does... does it clump the tip maybe it won't come out at all. Then I know more or less what it will take to get it to work well. Sometime it shoots great as is or only needs 10% windex, sometimes its ass and needs 40-50%. That is my biggest tip... take each bottle as its own type and test before use, only takes a couple minutes, but the next time you go use it.. it will be perfect.. RIGHT! LOL

As for your Airbrush.... there are alot of guys out there that will praise paasche but you have to go IWATA all the way.. 70-80% of painters I believe use then and since I switched to a Iwata Revolution HP-CR from my badger its been beautiful... never a problem, easy maintenance, and well priced. You can get them off ebay for around 70US and it has .5mm tip and you will not have a problem, spraying anything..... ENJOY!!