R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Jon Kerr
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris72983
I just purchased a used Mi2ec from some one and wanted to set it up to run on outdoor asphalt track. I had read to start with the stock setup with the diff risers removed. Is that a good place to start? Another thing is it came with the carpet chassis and asphalt one and when I got it it was set up for carpet on the 2.5 chassis with no risers under anything. I started to put everything over to the 2.0 chassis and realized I didnt have the risers for the a arm mount points, does it need them for outdoor racing, and if so how thick are they?

Thanks, Chris
The suspension risers are just 2mm thick CF. If you don't have them, you can substitute 2mm shims for them. The only thing you may run into is if you're running a higher roll center (4mm +) the droop screws may have to go too far through the arm to reach the chassis. The CF plates run between the chassis and droop screws and keep that from happening. If you put the 2.0mm chassis on and put 3mm of shims under the pivot blocks in the rear, 2mm of shims under the front pivot blocks, don't put the risers under the diff bulkheads, move the rear camber link up to the top and move the front one to the top, you should be at a good starting point. One thing we did was drill a hole 2mm higher for the front camber link to raise it up and give more steering. You can also try and put the carpet front tower on to get the inner location higher.