R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 10:10 AM
tomdav
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kylehirano
A few pages back someone said a standard 3-shoe clutch will work on the 8ight, but I tried to put one on, and the standard 3-shoe clutch does not extend out far enough to make good contact with the spur gear?

Is there a trick to get this to work, just wondering, because I have a lot of standard 3-shoe clutches I can use and only one Losi 8ight clutch at the moment.

I have a quick change Kingheadz mount and you can flip the upper mounts to move the engine foward for standard clutch setup.

Loving the 8ight so far. Ran at a big event last weekend and took some big hits in the main. The only issue so far is losing a spring cup in practice and having the spring get dislodged from the cup during the main. I was going full tilt down the straight and someone got a little aggressive coming out of pit lane. My car did its best impression of a blender and kept on truckin.

The only gripe I have is the geometry of the throttle servo to the carb. I use so little throw that I feel Im not getting enough consistancy thruout the range. Need to mess around with the radio some more I guess.

Last edited by tomdav; 03-24-2007 at 02:44 PM.