R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - East Power vs Intellect vs anyother
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 02:02 PM
swopemike
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
in theory it sounds like a good idea, but A) Most LHS probably wouldnt let you do that and B) Not possible if you order online
Well, although I'm sure nothing will work in every case... I think it's a good suggestion for some folks standing there at the counter about to buy. For instance:

A. I know my LHS takes good care of us. In the past, if we found a bad pack, they send it in for us to the matcher. I'm sure if it was bad in the case, they'd want to know before it was ever sold. I would wonder about the integrity of dealing with someone who wouldn't let you check volts of a pack....

B. For those with a LHS, well... they sponsor our tracks, work side by side with us, they are a rallying point for R/C organization in the area, give stability to the clubs... I prefer to shop locally and deal with someone I can talk with. And as I moved into new types of R/C, especially at first, the advice from the folks at my LHS is more than worth any small savings I might get from online. Now this is nothing against online companies, but if you want to order there ... of the only online battery matcher I've dealt with, they warranty their assembled packs against dead cells anyway.