R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traction Compounds : Health Risks : what can we do about this?
Old 03-23-2007, 10:08 AM
A-Ko
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
This statement is totally relative to who your racing AKO. If you were running at H&H, Trackside, or even IRP when it was open there is no way that an untrued pair of foams would be competitive in the stock foam class that day. Plus you said you didn't use compound outdoors which is cool but didn't you also so you mainly ran Mabuchi silver cans outdoors? Those would be so slow you really wouldn't be breaking the tires out as much either. So you comparison/statement really doesn't apply.

I'm a fan of no paragon or heck no compound at all except Sun Tan Lotion.
If it is the way they true it, down to nothing... probably not. To have a well running car locally you really don't need to do that.

Outdoors racing last summer I raced in open mod, stock and Mabuchi with no compound. The cars hooked up well and I don't recall playing with my setups to get the cars to work. I also have much experience on the Tamiya test track running GT1 (mod, 23t and 19t) and GT2 (mab 1st time last year), no compound. Usually I just clean the tires and go. Mabuchi is not really that slow comparitive times would get me into the stock A or within a lap of stock TQ.

Heard alot about suntan lotion, have not been brave enough to try it, except on myself....