Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2003, 04:14 AM
fastharry™
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by OB42TC3
Anyone thought of insulating the header?? I had a problem like many of you have described and it turned out to be a piston and sleeve that was too tight on an RB X12. After I fixed that it ran like a top. When the p/s fit is too tight it will overheat itself, and when richened it will stall. Try a picco based .12, or get a buddy to let you run a known good engine. Also swap out the fuel tank, and drill a hole and use the second chamber of the pipe for pressure. Hold on to that NTC3 fuse, it will walk all over the belt cars.

I agree......there have been THOUSANDS of Tc3's sold...the original gas tank(Chicken hopper design) could have been a problem with tuning(same as it couyld have been on the GT for the past 10 years)....and to be honest,there were more people who NEVER had a problem with that tank on the tc3,than did...

the new top feed tank solves the EASE of tuning issue....

Maybe the pipe that comes with the rear exhaust makes it a little harder to tune,but I personally don't see a problem with teh car at all....

BTW<if the car is thermally challenged,how does putting an exhaust pipe half of an inch from the air cleaner help?....

but I'll bet there are more people who cant tune a NOVA style engine than there are problems with teh car..

Last edited by fastharry™; 03-24-2003 at 04:21 AM.