R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traction Compounds : Health Risks : what can we do about this?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:14 PM
nashrcracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv
How do you figure that? I run an 18th scale quite often and have run it with both rubber and foam tyres. I can achieve almost the same level of grip with rubber tyres that I can with foam tyres with that car. I don't see any reason why that would not be possible with 12th scale too. Just because nobody had made rubber tyres for 12th scale pan cars yet does not mean it is not feasible.
is you 18th scale 4wd? or 2wd? if it's 4wd there is your traction and I bet the weight is balanced 50/50 or somewhat close. all the weight on a 12th or what would you figure guys 25/75 rear bias. so the front tires do not have enough weight on them to warm up. plus you are still at a power different in 12th vs 18th. put a mamba system in your 18th and try to hold on. then you'll know what it's like to have a 8x1 in a 12th scale. and I don't consider 18th scale racing that's playing the surfaces are bumpy enough for 12th scale a normal carpet track is like offroad for a 18th scale.