R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sedan Foam Width Limit
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Rick Hohwart
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by timmay70
It's really not so much a problem. 30mm tires are nitro/asphalt. For years we had run 28mm tires on carpet. Jaco only recently released the 26mm tires. I ran them, and like the 28mm tires better. There's no reason it shouldn't stay open tire.

Rubber tire races are much harder, there are so many different tires out there, along with differet inserts, different rims... The combinations are limitless. I can see where they can get really expensive trying to track all that stuff (rumor has it Masami has a library of tire inserts he drags to races).

For the nats I took along a couple of sets of tires (same compounds) that I know my car works on, and borrowed a set from someone else to try of a different compound/width. I went back to what I knew worked. The same tires that I use for club was also my tire choice for IIC.
Electric drivers are now using 30mm tires on carpet too. So you have 3 choices of width. Then you have wheel diameter differences, compound choice, and wraps or standards. It seems a bit ridiculous when you consider that most rubber tires races use handout or spec tires to eliminate the choices which levels the playing field and reduces costs.

Hopefully foam organizers will use handout or spec tires or switch to rubber tires.