R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traction Compounds : Health Risks : what can we do about this?
Old 03-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Martin Crisp
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
thank you eddie yes it was directed at the group.

so you ban all tire dope for TC and run 1 run foams due to the manufactors making the foam sooo soft that it will wear .50 in one run. just remember to gear up one tooth before you go out. but as you go out you haven't banned it for 12th scale so the 12th scales put it down and the sniffer picks up that you have dope on your TC tire. DQed every TC in the race.

like I said build a better mouse trap. you don't have to test it on the track you just need a new set of tires and a durometer and a stop watch. I'm sure the major manufactures would help you out martin with scratch and dent tires to test on. so you put something on, check it's softness, time it check it 5 and 8 minutes later. the only thing is you would have to use paragon for your reference. might need a friend to help.

had the camera for a year still haven't figured it out thinking of buying a slr before vegas and elimiate that problem. oh wait I got to buy some more one run tires.
if you ban additives for tc you would need to ban for 1/12th scale. both classes could try softer compounds. yes i think the tires will wear faster for two reasons..one they are softer and two..with less grip the tires will slide more causing them to shed foam more quickly. - makes for good sales for the track owners....earlier someone (RCMITS post 565) posted a comment saying that we should first focus on keeping track owners in business...etc etc...seems to me that selling more tires would help that.