R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LiPo Awareness
Thread: LiPo Awareness
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 02:17 PM
MrBlack
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by joe of loath
the technology is yet to be perfected. am i right in saying it took a while for ROAR to allow Ni-Mh? (if they existed then) its just a matter of time before the issues are taken care of.
Actually ROAR was around long before NimH in our industry and they came out and wer allowed almost emmediately as they fit the rule set lay'd out before by NiCD, StockMH was the same thing . The problem is LiPo is not a Sub-C battery and therefore ( from what I have been told) ROAR currently has no process in place to exept it as it is not a Sub-C battery we have offered to submit it is my understanding that there is not a cateragoiry that it can be submitted under and ROAR I am sure is trying to fix this.

Also ROAR is not the only rule maker of R/C racing most tracks do not use ROAR rules and most that do modify them heavily.

I think if somebody wants to run LiPo they need to ask their local track regardless of the ROAR rules and if they want to run LiPo and their local track does not allow it then they should ask around because many tracks are allowing them. I know several calls we have gotten from customers who have switched where they race to more LiPo friendly venues.

Infact as I right this I think I will begin to create a LiPo friendly track listing and encurage anyone who has a track or club to PM me and I will add you to this list on our LiPo page on the Orion website.