R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traction Compounds : Health Risks : what can we do about this?
Old 03-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Carl Giordano
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've taken up Martin's cause as well and have spoken with ROAR on the subject...although I may not be as sensitive to certain chemicals as Martin is describing...I've been warned by my neurologist and now my eye doctor to avoid racing if it includes the tire additives.

The only explaination my doctors have for my medical symptoms has been the concentration of exposure to chemicals we use in racing. (ie: indoor facilities with poor ventilation). Now I posted a few pages back...I've eliminated the use of motor spray, with alternative ECHO-safe decreasers, so the only thing left are tire additives.

Quite frankly, they were both puzzled as how these products are sold without content descriptions.

Not sure what will happen...However, if ROAR decides to bann tire additives, my only suggestion would be to bann the product over a 1-year period which gives the racers and the manufacturers time to adjust to the change.