R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2003, 08:05 PM
RC
Tech Apprentice

quote:quote:
Originally posted by dameetz
I checked my V one RR today and found that when I rotate the rear wheel one complete revolution the front is turning less than the rear, is this normal? I just changed the front small pulley and the side rear to the aluminium one but it is still the same teeth(front small pulley 18T and side small pulley 19T). Is this normal because before I change to aluminium pulley I never check the wheel front rear revolution before. Also wouldn't this create a braking effect because the front is not rotate the same as rear?

The V1RR has a 25T side pulley. So if this is installed the front does rotate less. With a front oneway this is fine, but if you install a diff then it is very bad for handling. Use 27T side pulley with a front gear diff.
25t mid driven pulley makes front tires spin faster, not slower (8%). 27t makes fr/rr equal. Yes, 25t creates a breaking effect with both diff and one way because the fronts are pulling the rears so a tire dia split is needed to bring that percentage down (2-3%), just enough front pull to balance a solid rear/agressive set-up. Why when you spin your rear tire the front spins less is odd. Re-check that you have the pulleys installed in the correct locations (mid-driver 19t, mid-driven 25t, fr-driver 18t).