R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin X1 - so close yet so far
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 02:49 AM
Jerseyboy
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Crocket
Hiya Arghh, A shim between the arm and the antisquat plate would remove slop from your arms wearing but would not overcome the issue we are taking about where the hinge pin hole in the antisquat plate wears and becomes an oval hole.
when this happens the inner hinge pins can move side to side which in turn allows the arms to pivot causing the wheels to go back and forth. The only way to shim this would be to drill out the Antisquat plate and press in an insert. Sound like a lot of effort when you can buy the King Headz ones for around $15 - which is cheaper that the original
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/9908
The good thing about these ones is the set screws that lock the hinge pin preventing it from turning. It is the rotating of the Hinge pin that wears out the original.
Thats what I thought Crocket , arghh is way off base on this one.

I had my first race meeting with the PBS. I must say that even though I felt I have more steering I dont think the more steering is necessarily a good thing. For me looking at my laptimes , I am definitely off my previous pace.
Maybe I am wrong maybe not but also comments fron Chad was that even though he can turn faster laptimes, he felt that he wasnt as consistent with the PBS.
It may suit some tracks more than others. I felt faster in some areas and slower in others. Overall it does not seem to work for my drive style.
This is only my feeling now. I am putting the C-hub back and next race meeting I will check laptimes and then decide which one is faster overall.
Any other comments from you guys. What do you think.