R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - revo problems
Thread: revo problems
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 01:28 AM
steelhawke
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does you brother use the traxxas butter start wand too, or did you start it by other means? If his wand works and yours don't...then theres your problem(one good drop and they're toast/good reason to get a spare or order the jato ). When your testing the glow plug did you ground it? Check and make sure the yellow ground wire is tight at the motor base...this one stumped me for hours!!!! !!!

The idle screw only sets how far the slide closes, the throttle trim will normal adjust the carb to the lowest setting of the idle screw. Take the air filter off and use the electronics without it running. Set the idle screw so when the servo closes the carb it leaves about 1/16-1/8 size hole. Which leads to your next issue.........

Your dying out,your having tons of blue smoke,idle screw isnt doing anything? Buddy I bet your turning the wrong screw sounds like you've been turning the low speed needle to me. Here's a link to Traxxas site if you don't have the manual. Set the bad boy back to stock settings and go from there.
http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...vo33_views.htm