R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 04:46 PM
astra power
Tech Initiate

damn your car is clean fastharry!

How many hole pistons should i use? I know this is a complex question but is there a good starting point? at the moment I've got the standard 2005 setup (cant remember what this is) with the gold springs on the back, but I thought i'd set my car up to Hara's setup and then fine tune from there. Problem is I'm not sure how many holes #72210 #1 & #2 are because I dont have that part (think the 2005 uses the #6818 piston set). I've ordered some 60 and 50 weight shock oil to match Hara, and some of the pink prolinear springs which are very closet the red proceed which i couldnt find.

My other question is around the tie rod mount on top of the rear wheel upright. Hara's setup sheet says he used a 4m spacer under the ball joint, is this correct? the screws arent long enough for me so i put a 2mm spacer in and this makes the angle of the tie rod quite steep. Is this optimal? I'm really having some issues getting this car to handle and seem to lose a lot of time with understeer in tight corners so I'm hoping you guys have some answers