R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Quark
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OleC
Thanks Impalabob

I have the Serpent clutch kit but that didn't work...
So we are back to the std GPX4 clutch. Set up the engine with the new carb parts, but the first day at the track (today) produced more questions than answers I'm affraid...

Is it really correct to have the spraybar at 1,5 turns out from fully closed as per instructions on Orion Webpage? (Updated carb parts)

The engine acted very strange, but that migth be the std GPX4 clutch affecting it also off course. It went like a rocket the first 15-20 meters on the track, then lost most of its power? Tried adjusting the needles, without much effect. But after a few laps it woke up again. But it still sounded strange...
Still, most of the time it sounded like the rpm limiter on a regular car engine??

Sounded like an RPM limiter? Like it was bouncing on the top rpm? I had that effect, not bouncing, but it would top out and cut out, just like rpm limiter. I believe if its doing that, your too rich on the high speed needle. The fuel is putting out the glowplug, so hence the cut in combustioin, just like RPM limiter. Lean it out on the top end some more, sound like you still got more rev's in it.