R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Digital Servos
Thread: Digital Servos
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Serpentd
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hpimichael
hey guys,

are digital servos worth the extra money ??? and what makes them better ??

Mike
A couple of things with digital. As far as them being faster, not really. My anolog servos are the same speed as the fastest digital. However, when torque is concerned, the digital is claming to have more holding power. And as far as being smoother, I haven't noticed any difference there either. Digital however will suck out more juice from the battery. So you might need to take this into consideration. I think the thing about speed and torque, they can get higher numbers for cheaper when you are talking about the highest performance servos, but even here I don't notice much difference in price. After finally running a digital servo, I have found no difference at all. However for 1:8th scale buggy, I might try it there for the steering and holding capability. They also might be able to last a bit longer then analog say if you are ussing Anti Lock Brakes. I know this is killer on the analog servos. Sorry I'm all over the place, but this is from my personal experience and slight research. But I hope this helps somewhat.