R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi Nitrotane Fuel
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 10:33 AM
plumbum
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well i can tell this about the fuel. engine modders who see motors form all over the country in all types of shape with different types of fuel will attest to quality of fuels and how they react with motor components. my new modded vspec is being broken in with 30%race nitrotane. highly recomended by my mod guy(i will talk to him and see if he will let me post his name etc..) he has about 8 team drivers and they all run whichever fuel they want etc... the cleanest least damaged engines he has seen(caused by fuel) has been the ones with nitrotane. a far second choice is sidewinder world team race formula and that wasnt the greatest either. according to him the biggest problem with the fuels is the quality of the ingredients in them. i found this to be true in a couple of instances for me. one being i used to run cooper buggy race fuel with 30%nitro. my motor ran cooler and had great snap and tuning was alot easier. his big secret was that he used american made and supplied ingredients including nitro etc... anyway his supply became an issue and the fuel was no longer available to me for about 3 months. right in the middle of race season. he refused to buy cheaper quality ingredients to make it, he would rather not make it than sell junk. anyway from what i can tell, the nitrotane should be the same equivelent. and how can you go wrong when VP racing fuels is part of the process. they wouldnt risk their full scale racing reputation for little toy motors. my two cents

also for people that bash team guys for trying to promote their product etc... dont YOU have some loyalties to the products YOU run. it is the same as thiers. and most will freely admit that there are lots of good products out there other than just theres. when you are at a race talk to one of them, THAT is their job. to talk to you and help. also to win when not helping.lol. anyway if you really want to make it a promotionless hobby, we should all remove our sigs, so as not to display a bias one way or the other.