R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How do YOU handle a Jump?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 12:08 PM
AZRCaddict
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRFXXXT
4) Mid-air left/right - I SWEAR I see people steering in the air. I've seen a local pro make vehicles shift left to right mid-air, several feet, after a straight launch. How is that done?

I am not sure how they are getting the car to actually move from left to right in mid air, but you can usually get the car to tilt left or right by making adjustments with the front wheels. It is a "momentum" and gyroscopic effect. The momentum or the front wheels will tile the car one way or the other. This is a good trick to learn because some of the faster lines are to the far inside or far outside and usually the fast of the jump is not square or may be a little slanted. Maybe someone else can chime in on how to make the car physically move from left to right. Maybe it is a quick move to either direction on the face of the jump. It usually happens so fast that it is hard to tell what they did to make the car do that. Same goes front the front and rear end. If you give it gas it will bring the nose up a little bit, and if you apply brake it will drop the nose. Now if you stab the brake (real quick trigger) it will drop the nose aggressive, and if you slowly apply the brake it may not move at all. This has a lot to do with car set up and how your particular vehicle reacts on take off.
With dish wheels when you turn the wheel the air hits them and makes the car adjust in mid air. Turn the wheel left it will swing the rear to the right.