R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traction Compounds : Health Risks : what can we do about this?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:50 AM
AllShowNoGo
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by duckman996
Also - with regards to synthetic production, there are vitamins and herbal products are produced synthetically as extractions from other plants so to term all synthetic items as harmful is a misstatement.
Hey,

The synthetic/man made compounds debate is true, long term results are still unknown though, but it's been around a while.(sounds familiar ? ) Just the same, I'd still prefer to use a good Willow tea, or the like, to get rid of the head ache that the Traction Compund would give me. Way Too much tea will give ya cramps, unlike the modern derivative. A little too much ASA will kill you.

(As for vitamins and minerals, give me real fruits and vegetables any day, but this is way off topic.)

Just the same, I think the toxicity point has been made, (over and over and over again) and it's finally getting or gotten noticed, I hope. Now, what's going to be done about it? and how long is it going to take? Martin has moved out of racing, will it take more to get the problem acted on?

(I for one am thinking twice about bringing any little ones out to big race days, just myself perhaps)

Jeff

Last edited by AllShowNoGo; 03-16-2007 at 10:08 AM.