R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 09:33 AM
Serpentd
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
Hey guys

I noticed that my shocks did not rebound the way they did when i replaced the oil in them. The funny thing is that a didnt drive the car at all. The shocks just sat over night and the next morning they didnt rebound the same.

I replaced the black part on top and the nut, and o-ring. Still didnt help. I then replaced the bottom part. blue o-ring, nylon washer and clip and still the same.

I guess my question is, is this normal? Should they rebound the way they did when i first put the oil in them?

Any suggestions when it comes to building shocks?

thanks
A few things bro. Follow what Gansei said for starter. Also, remove the "o" ring, It does nothing. Your shock seals at the bladder, not the O ring. I don't even know why they put it on there honestly. Also, let you shocks sit longer when you bleed them. Also bleed them like 2 or 3 times to make sure ALL air is out. I included a picture of an air bleeder I use, and I still need to bleed them like 3 times to get out all air. Also, I included a pic of this stuff called "Green Slime". If you put this or something equivalent on your shock shaft, then it will give it a better seal. Just like Gansei mentioned. Also, if you haven't already done so, replace the original bladders with the stiffer Blue ones. They won't colapse on you as the "Orange" ones do. Your rebound is probably changing due to air if they only sat over night. Good luck and be patient.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Shock stuff 002.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	213069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shock stuff 003.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	213070   Click image for larger version

Name:	SHOCKS! 003.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	103.8 KB