R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Good setup station ?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 05:21 PM
gtsum
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
I would not buy that one, especially when a top notch one is not too much more. Check out the Hudy 1/8th scale offroad buggy/ truggy setup station, or the Team Magic Setup station. The Hudy runs around $120 and the Team Magic runs around $150.

Hudy Setup Station
Team Magic Setup Station

With those you still want a flat setup board. I bought the Team Magic Setup Station and board. The board is bigger than the Hudy one and fits buggies better. Personally I like the TM one better as it is slightly more accurate than the Hudy just because of the distance in which the angle is measured. The only disadvantage is that the camber tool (which butts up against the wheel nuts) is a little to thin, as my wheelnuts will not tighten down. 1 shim all the way around fixed that problem. I think it is just because how many threads are cut on the wheel axel on my Losi 8ight. I want to do a little review of it soon once my camera gets back.
Hey my man,

I ordered the TM setup station today - how are you liking yours? I have never used one, and have to think they are not that difficult to use, but I am open to any suggestions, tricks, etc to make it easier (or are they pretty much dumb proof?). Thanks!