R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Brushless Spec Class 2008? Lipo too?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:47 PM
sepirts
Tech Adept

Allowing BL in stock would completely make over the sport. And I'm not sure which way it would go.

I think the first step would be to allow BL in 19T.

My opinion (OT) stock should be rubber only. For 19T, it's your choice rubber or foam run what you want - let qualifing sort it out.

In Mod, I think LiPo might be too much. If you were to let me run my JRXS-R (not that I have one yet) in mod with Lipo, I could pretty much bet that I wouldn't be using a 3.5 on carpet... Maybe on a big asphalt track? Maybe ROAR might consider Lipo, if a voltage limiter was used (That would make tech a nightmare...)

There is no reason why ROAR couldn't screen Lipos like they do every other type of battery. If your lipo isn't approved (due to safety), then you don't race it. Just like every other battery outthere.

The bottom line is that the casual racer is using lipo and BL. If we want them to start racing in the lower brackets, we need to accomodate their equipment.

(going OT again) I would rather ROAR slow TC down by making mains longer (forcing drivers to use higher wind motors) to make the longer mains. The carpet Nats are a great point of this. Our battery / motors combos have improved a ton in the last few years. Maybe mod TC should be 8 minutes, like 1/12... Maybe 8 minutes isn't long enough... (I know, some say this starts a battery war all over again, but 1/12 doesn't have this problem).