R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Brushless Spec Class 2008? Lipo too?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:23 PM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There are dangerous cheap LiPo out there, mostly from China according to Linger. The good ones are very good, and the bad ones are very bad. We can't let your scary stories hold us back, though, and we won't. You not knowing what kind of LiPo it is and then using the story to try and scare people is the WRONG thing to do. If you really care, find out who made the pack and spread the word that cheap LiPos can be dangerous. You're lumping them all together into the same group, and that is a mistake. The good LiPo cost three times as much as the cheap ones, but they're designed to extremely high tolerances, and have built-in safety mechanisms. Your story leaves out the important, critical fact of who made the battery, and verges on being misinformation about LiPo batteries without that detail.

When it comes to LiPo, don't be cheap. When it comes to rules, outlaw all LiPo and then only accept the ones that meet certain safety standards. If these batteries can be safe enough to be pressed against our damn heads all day in cell phones, and pressed against our wedding tackle in laptop computers, I'm pretty sure they can be made foolproof enough to work in R/C cars as well.