R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Should Pro Drivers Be Racing In Stock?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Unregistered
Tech Regular

The big problem with getting "factory" or "sponsored" drivers out of stock is the fact that it's so hard to draw a line on what a "factory" driver is. Is it a 100% sponsored guy? Batteries? Motors? Cars?

For most of us, you could take all of the racers out of the A and B at a big race and we still wouldn't win. We're getting beat running stock because we aren't as good as they are. They have the same motors, same cars and same tires. And now for the first time since I've been racing we can actually get batteries that are as good (sometimes better) than what the "factory" guys are getting.

As much as I would like to say that the top stock guys need to grow a pair and run 19 or mod it just doesn't matter. You'll just have a new crop of "top drivers" that everyone will want to kick out of stock.

In the end, I would much rather say "I got beat by Cole Trickle, professional race car driver" than "I beat Droolin Bob, the guy that drives like Ray Charles".

Some of us need to get over it and race for racing. We qualify so that we end up with people our own speed int he main anyways.