R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Project Team Associated TR3 (TC3 truggy)56k warning
Old 03-13-2007, 09:43 AM
eds24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Well I still haven’t gotten the slipper clutch back yet. The guy said he would build it yesterday so I have no clue when it will get here. For milling the chassis I wanted to keep the idea a secret until I did it. But idk if its that great of an idea. I am afraid that it will weaken and make the chassis too flexible. My idea is too mill out a rectangle in the middle of the chassis big enough for the battery to fit in. Then make a thin lexan battery door on the bottom. This would put the battery in the middle of the chassis or close to the middle dramatically dropping the center of gravity and making the chassis more balanced. From my measurements it looks like there is enough room under the center shaft to put the batteries. I would have to make new stand offs for the chassis. Do you guys think this would make the chassis to flexible and weaken it? I would still have the upper deck so that makes me think it would keep it stiff.Peace Ethan