R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - East Power vs Intellect vs anyother
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 09:35 PM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
I guess what it boils down to, is everyone is so concerned about durability.....I have multiple packs that have been not ran for months, charge them up and they work fine...
I have multiple packs from Cleveland 06 that I ran again for the first time since the race 2 weeks ago. They only charged to like 3800 mAh. They were not discharged before storing.

I ran them in practice over 2 days, then again last weekend. They ran ok at first, but were not good last weekend. I ran the batteries about 3 times each at Cleveland.

I'm only trying to point out that the IB batteries must be run or cycled consistently to avoid self discharge issues.

I ran 1 EP pack for stock TC at the nationals and had no problems. The car was fast (in a straight line LOL) and I had no venting, dead cells etc. I charged at .032 dropback (7A) just to see how things would go, cells were fine. Bill Sydor charged at 9A all weekend, cells ran fine. Tim Heiser ran the EPs and made the 19t A. He was the only Associated driver in the 19t main.