R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 720
Thread: Serpent 720
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 02:35 PM
rcpanama
Tech Adept

Default Advice on Set up change

Hi Julius, I tested the 3rd one way and new chassis on Sunday, the result was excellent, the 3rd one-way was unnoticed, it didn’t really affected my driving, braking was as normal as always, the benefit was that the difference between the front and rear tire was minimal, I started with a 1.5mm lower in the front than the rear, after 20 minutes of raising I had a 1.5 to 2mm difference between the rear and front, not any more the difference was lest than 1mm.

The new chassis in my track was better with the carbon plate install, I always had traction roll, not at all with the new chassis the combination of 3rd one way and new chassis was excellent I Think Serpent had a AAA with this options.

I have a technical question in regards to my Set Up, the set up I am showing is the normal set up I am using, our track (Parking lot) has a low to mid traction, with two fast turns and two hair pins, I am having some problem getting read of a excess Over steer in Conner Exit on Throttle:

What will be the area I should change most to correct it with out affecting to much the performance of the car. (This is most to happen went the traction of the track is low)
SET UP I HAVE
SPUR
59/56
Pinion
17/23
Front Axle
Ball Diff with Alu Collar
Rear Axle
Diff with 10,000
Front Shock
Three (3) holes 35 Red Spring
Rear Shocks