R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - East Power vs Intellect vs anyother
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Jim Herrmann
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EddieO
I dunno about self destruct......I talked to all the guys who ran the br00d ib4200 this weekend.....no dead cells....everything went fine....trav used two packs all weekend with no problems in stock....

I guess what it boils down to, is everyone is so concerned about durability.....I have multiple packs that have been not ran for months, charge them up and they work fine...

If you are expecting your top packs to stay tip to from big race to big race, yer nuts.....cause everyone in general buys new packs anyways....

SMC and Brood drivers get 1 new pack for stock and 1 new pack 19t, 2 for mod at any big race......at triple a events, we do an extra pack each because of the short duration between charges.....

I have tested the EP cell.....they are not bad, but voltage wise, they seem a bit off, run time is lower.....IR seems to be the same and sometimes lower, which isn't that big of deal at this point, as its so low at this point, its just burning up the motors faster......at some point you reach what we call diminishing returns....

Later EddieO
That was a nice level-headed response. Ths thread is not ment to bash each cell back and forth it is to discuss the pro's and con's of them. Nice response EddieO.