R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 5 cell in 27t/19t
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 09:18 PM
muahdib4
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Maubid4 can get that cost down. That quote is as close to my set up as possible. I have about 1500.00 to 1600.00 in my stuff. I like started with the most expensive stuff right off. Beginning is the hardest part. Get past that and most people find there own way. Its the dang start up that is intimidating. But as long as you get in and have fun without the work, and is simpler its all down hill. The hard part is just keeping it fun and don't get to serious right off. The best advise I can give is race for the fun of racing and later you can get into racing for the fun of the win.
Most cant help but to go fast and try not to crash.
A good cost effective class CAN be cheaper....say...

Tamiya mini or TT01 type class...$95 for the chassis WITH silvercan motor
Futaba 3PM FM radio with 2 S3003 servos....$119
Duratrax ICE....$130
Pyramid 20amp power supply...$60
1 Peak 3200 LiPo....$80
1 Duratrax intellispeed ESC...$25

That's $509...plus add a little extra for spares and tires and yep...$600.
Then if a person enjoys it and wants to move up...new chassis, ESC and servo..and you're on to Stock, everything else works fine at the next level. The Losi RTR is to much...it comes with either a 19T motor or a 4300 brushless. Both are to fast for someone just starting out. You'll only need the one LiPo for silvercan...I raced with mine all day without needing to recharge it in my mini today. You can even replace the charger, power supply and battery and you'd be looking...

Tamiya mini or TT01 type class...$95 for the chassis WITH silvercan motor
Futaba 3PM FM radio with 2 S3003 servos....$119
Vision Peak charger....$40
3 Venom 3000mah packs....$60 ($20 a piece)
1 Duratrax intellispeed ESC...$25

For a total of....$339...plus spares and tires...$400. Then if you want to move up to stock...you also would have to add the expense of new batteries, charger and a power supply. Money can be saved on a radio by using Ebay where I got my JR XS3 synthesized for $75...but I did the figures on new equipment. That's TRULY about the cheapest you can get into ANY form of R/C racing.