R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho v-one rrr
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 02:30 AM
johnypiston
Tech Apprentice

Default Driving style

Thanks for the responses guys. My radio is an Airtronics unit ...but I don't think I will try ALB ...it's way too late to experiment with something like that ...I am racing TOMORROW MORNING

I reckon I'll just have to adjust my driving style but now it will be even more important to keep it tight, tidy and quick in the other sections where I am comfortable. Luckily softer springs sorted my fishtailing problem ...the car feels tight everywhere except the end of that straight and that's just the law of physics at work

Besides the braking thing, I also love the way a one way works around the track. You sort of learn to drive without brakes in the slowish sections but the faster ones are tricky. The good thing is ...my driving technique will be greatly improved...what with having to be so gentle with the throttle.

Another good thing is that this says a lot for the RRR. Tomorrow will be my second ever race and I am already comfortable enough with the car to worry about having "too much speed" ...just two weeks ago I was complaining about handling problems . I love this car ...even got a second as a spare now and I am still the only RRR at this particular track.

Anyway, I hope it goes well. Last time I was T-Boned and my virgin race was ruined! Because this will be my second ever race (and our 2006/2007 National Champ) will be in attendance, my main mission is survival ...meaning, I want to finish ALL three qualifiers (post a time this time ) and at least some of the final ...whatever final. I am nervous as hell but peops on this forum have been VERY helpful ...THANKS and later!