R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho v-one rrr
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Sp Racer
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

guys ...I need to ask a question related to driving style. Because I will be racing on Sunday, I spent last Saturday at the track practising. I have found that my biggest problem comes at the end of a long straight that has a sweeper leading into it. That means you take some serious speed into the straight and by the time you come to the left hand 180 degree turn, you are flying with the car screaming in second gear ...I am sure we top out. Problem is, I use a one way and my spool order has not come through yet. My brakes are currently set at 44% which is enough for the rest of the track but no where near enough for the end of that straight. The end result is that I go wide of the apex of the turn at the end of the straight purely because I am carrying WAY too much speed.

Until you get a spool, a good trick when using the 1 way is to use the 23 t side pulley ( overdrive ) , with same size front & rear tyres

You will find that the car will decelerate without having to mash the brakes as hard and it will feel a lot more stable on the transition from on power to off power... it will also "pull" out of the tight turns .

Just keep an eye on the side belt ( it cops a bit of stress when you run like this )