R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Getting a New Car
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 09:38 AM
atown117
Tech Initiate

Default Getting a New Car

Well basically i'm looking to get a new car and need some help. I usually run on asphalt but I also ocassionally go on carpet to. But most of the time it's asphalt. Now the choices I have came up with are the Team Losi JRX-S Type R, X-Ray T2 007 Eu, Hot Bodies Cyclone (because of the awesome price for 200 dollars on stormer hobbies). I really like the Losi because it is very Lipo friendly and with the battery being in the middle it has no effect of the handling like the other cars because Lipo's are super light. The con's of it would have to be it pretty much comes as a carpet racer and I would have to wait till at least the end of march for it to come out. I like the X-Ray because of the quality and it's set up for the kind of surface I am on the most. However I am a little scared about the whole Lipo thing because I don't wanna mess the car up with not enough weight on the battery side thus unbalancing the chassis. Would this be that much of a difference or am I just paranoid? I know I can put weights on it but that's just a pain kind of. Now onto the cyclone the main reason it's one of my choices is because of the price. Anyonelse know some pro's and con's of the car?