Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 02:26 AM
Pattojnr
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hi Patto,

Your just not having much luck with that 15 tooth pinion are you...?

The problem is, with the decrease in size and teeth, there is now a smaller contact patch if you like with the spur gear.
So, same power from the motor, less gear teeth engaged, smaller contact patch but with the same amount of backlash is going to equel faster wear.

Although, due to the lack of contact at the mesh point. You can have a slightly tighter mesh. This should help theoretically??!!?

Be careful though, when I say tighter mesh. You must still have a slight movement betwean spur and pinion. But this can be minute......but there must be some.

Whether this will help to any significant amount with the wear problem we're finding will remain to be seen.

Although, I would be interested to know.......... do you runa tight mesh on your car Razzor? Maybe that's why you do not seam to be getting the same wear concerns others are having............

I'll be able to give alot more feedback on this new stuff from my own experiences soon.....not before time too !!

Menace
howdy Menace, yes it is a problem, but its not wear im worried about, the spurs dont seem to like my 15t pinion. 1/2 a lap before they strip to nothing at all, is bad . will see if i can lessen the load and use a smaller spur, and see how it goes. cheers menace, hope you can be finding or sorting out some ideas soon as you get the beast racing