R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Cd-3
Thread: Ofna Cd-3
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 07:43 AM
spenzalii
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the kind words. I stripped almost everything down and either wiped it down or gave it a Simple Green bath before reassembly. No good having a fresh chasis and the rest of your car is covered in grime. I replaced the front and rear knuckles and cleaned and relubed the bearings. The motor is a placeholder for now, as I should have the new hotness before the season gets in full swing. I may get a new thrust bearing while I'm at it for the clutch (the clutch bearings seemed fine, but I may spring for new ones when the engine gets here). I'll figure the real spring rates once I get it started and on the track. First test and tunes are the 18th and 25th, and racing starts in April.

Didn't realize the chasis on the pro wasn't curved on the sides. I should have looked at it closer before I tossed it, I guess. Can't wait to see how the Vantage pipe works out.

Right now I have my Mazda6 body from last year, and a Stratus 3.0 ready for paint, which I'll probably run. I still need to get my airbrush. Otherwise it will be another rattle can special for me.