R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 5 cell in 27t/19t
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 05:24 AM
muahdib4
Tech Fanatic

See, the way I look at it...you're looking at the problem from the wrong angle. What is the future of batteries for TCs? Is it really going to be SubC cells? No. The future WILL be LiPo so why bother changing to 5-cell anything when 2-cell LiPo will just put all the power back to about even with 6-cell again. People need to embrace what's coming and start lobbying for it now. Most local club races allow LiPo here...The Tamiya Chamionship Series allowed them in a class...and I do believe some of the larger races are also allowing them in some classes. It's going to happen, LiPo WILL be race legal in the next year or two. You can sit around and debate 4-5-6 Cell SubC technology all you want but it will soon be old technology that nobody uses. ROAR here in the US chose not to force everyone to 4-cell this year because we as racers made our voices heard. MANY voices shouting LIPO of course. I do understand that in the UK, you have your own rules regarding TC but once the U.S., Japan, and the rest go LiPo...you will too. The 4-5-6 cell debate has already had every possible arguement looked at in another thread and you should really go read that one as well. The concensus was...no changes...