R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:01 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Here is the Hotbodies Toyota GT1 body on my wide pan car. There are two sets of cutouts available. One set is under the rear wing. Another set exposes the inside of the front tires. Maybe Mathijs can comment on these. My preference these days would be to make no cutouts on the front to keep the body strong. The cutouts in the back do not weaken the body much if you have a spoiler attached. The spoiler reinforces this area. I have used thicker than stock LEXAN to make new side dams, the same size as the originals and to make a spoiler with a 2 inch spoiler chord. .030 inch thick would be ideal. I have used .040 inch thick which is available from Tower in a 7 x 10 inch sheet.

Some comments on the body. This body seems to have the smallest cockpit of those that I have tried, but similar to the Porsche GT1. This should make it fast. The rear deck behind the cockpit is lower than the other bodies this gives the wheel tub a nice tall section inboard to strengthen the body and support the wing. If you make the two cutouts in the back then you will reduce drag and benefit from the lower rear deck. I mounted this body in the same position as my Porsche GT1 body and I seem to have more side skirt in front of the back wheel. This should inprove downforce by holding onto the vacuum better.

I am anxious to see the Budweiser edition.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hotbodies Toyota GT1 body 014 Resized.jpg
Views:	2239
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	210174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hotbodies Toyota GT1 body 012 Resized.jpg
Views:	774
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	210177  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 03-05-2007 at 06:07 PM.