R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Do Tell Nitor Blunders !!
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 05:35 AM
fritzD
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marvi
just last week i was so excited to run my new TNX 5.2R in our local offroad track. that was a weekend and we had terrible traffic, plus there was heavy construction on my usual route, had to through a longer way. took me more than an hour to reach the track (normally takes less than 30 min.)

when i got to the track, i gassed up, turned on my radio and the receiver, primed the engine, stuck the igniter, and tried to start the engine with the rotorstarter.

then nothing it wouldnt start, not even a sound that the glowplug wants to fire up the fuel after several more tries, it felt that the engine was flooded. i removed the glowplug, stuck it in the igniter, and it was still okay. check the fuel lines, theyre good, fuel was flowing. rotorstarter batteries are good, no signs of dumping.

then i tried again. nothing ive waited about 2 weeks since i brought my TNX, broken-in a week ago, and this is the day that i am going to run on an actual racetrack i endured more than an hour of traffic and my truck wouldnt start

i was ready to pack up all my stuff and head home. then i saw the culprit ...

i remembered that i cleaned up the truck after last week's break-in. i looked at the carb and there was no air filter

only this ...

port cap

so i had to call up my friend and waited another hour for him to arrive so i can borrow his air filter

OMG!! I experienced the same thing. Funny thing is that, I just cleaned my engine. When I got to the track, it wouldn't start. Then I though "what the hell did i do wrong to the engine?" I was planning to open my engine until i found out that i didn't put the air filter just the same thing you have...