R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho KX-One
Thread: Kyosho KX-One
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2003, 06:51 AM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default First outdoor experience...

Man, this is where this car belongs. The thought of traction rolling isn't even in your vocabulary as you zip around the track with the one-way being the perfect setup for the wide open out door set up.

Speaking of the one-way...I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Kyosho on this one. If you run the front shocks with the up travel limiters on them, this thing is as tough as any other brands one-way. I hit it all yesterday. I hit tall corner dots at high speed and I clipped the inside of the sweeper at highspeed. Each time, I flinched, figuring that that was the end of my one-way....

...Nope!

The thing just kept on working. I was runnning the car with a Chameleon motor and tried it with foams and rubber tires and a Losi Alfa 156 body. The car maintained a flat composur through everyturn. I didn't think the rear sway bar was very strong, but apparently its enough to do the job right.

All in all, a near perfect day of outdoor running with the car. Other than a slight push at low speed, the car had no ill handling effects and was quite easy to drive fast.