R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2007 ROAR Carpet On-Road Nats @ CEFX
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 05:37 AM
DustinR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hey Everyone,

This weekend's Regionals are canceled.... We had a few issues with things so we've decided to cancel the event. It may be rescheduled possibly in April.

We still will have a CEFX Raceway Nationals Warm-Up. Racing schedule will be the same with a few exceptions:

Friday - Practice 2pm-9pm. If you want to only practice this day it will be $10.
Saturday - 9am-1pm Open Practice, 3 rounds of qualifying. If time permits - Open practice until 9pm. If you only want to run Saturday it will be $15.00
Sunday - 9am-Noon Open Practice, 1-2 rounds of qualifying (depending on turnout) and Mains. If time permits - Open practice until 6pm. If you only want to run Sunday it will be $15.00

Rate for Friday, Saturday, Sunday will be $35.00

This also means that no ROAR Membership will be required for this weekend so any local drivers who weren't planning on attending the Nats and/or didn't want to pay the single event fee to run the Regionals will be good to go.
Thank god. I am very happy about this change. It just seems wrong to stack all the big races upon each other. Spread them out, I would like to attend the regionals in addition to the nats but my pocket book just would not comply. It is some of this type of stuff that makes the nats more stressfull and bring out the people that like to complain. My perfect nats, 2 Day practice, 2 days of 4 quals, and main day. Track closed the week before the nats for track chance, maintnence, ect. Not all of us can afford a 2 week vacation for toy cars altough we would like to.

Big hats off the EddieO and all that helped run the 2006 ROAR Stock Nationals. They worked hard to keep the event in ROARS spirit of the lar insted of the essance of the law regaurding practice.