R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Getting started in electric
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Jason B
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vismund Cygnus
I want to do racing seriously, what kit do you guys reccomend? I've been looking at the TC5 Factory Team and Pro 4 Hara Edition. Did they discontinue the regular Pro 4?
TC5 isn't out yet, but the T2R, T2 '007, and RDX are probably the most popular choices for reasons of quality, support, and ability.

Chargers. I'm in the dark here. Whats a good brand/model for NiMh? Speaking of batteries, what are some good brands/models? LiPo isn't allowed at the local track.
DuraTrax ICE, HANDS DOWN. For ~$120, you get a GREAT NiMH/LiPo charger with all the functionality in the world and it's extremely easy to use. I've been using the ICE for two years and I don't have a single complaint.

As for batteries, the gold standard company is Promatch, and the EP4200 are the hot ticket at the moment.

I'm not extremely knowledgable on on road racing in general. Is there a place I can read up? Also, some tips on setting up for carpet would be great as well.
There are TONS of good online resources (this site being one of the best)... but one of the nice things about buying an Xray is the documentation that comes with the car. You get an incredible setup booklet that explains every little tweak you can make.