R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 03:21 PM
GTMilenko
Tech Regular

hey guys, well just had my first race, car was great, i was not.
very tight tenical track on asphut ,in practice when the track was still cold i was passing mods in the infield, they would pass me down the back straight, then i'd get back in front by the time we came back around. i'm running a johnson 540 by the way, we all do for open stock.
first heat was abouted due to power out on the computer.
second heat i never finished due to getting knocked off and into a real cars wheel and a ball cap came off, battery came loose and the marshall put me back out and then wham side on from another car and out my battery came onto the other side of the track.(damn tape)
third heat, had to go home (not racing for points anyway as i'm moving city soon)
bottom line, i had heaps of fun and this car carries speed very very well, i'm still having a bit of hard time trying to get the car not to push out of corners.
i got the spinning out under brakes problem sorted with my new Novak GT7, and loosing the diff. soon to try my front diff, almost got all the parts for it.
could someone please tell me why there is 2 "rebound stokes" on the setup sheet, and how to measure these? thanx
also when measuring the shock lengh do you do it on the car or off ?
oh yeah ,the mods i was practicing with were Xrays.
my gearing was way off for this track( i was expecting a different track in a different building on concrete.
i qualified 2nd on the grid but would have come 4th or 5th i think if i had finished.