R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Steering Servo
Thread: Steering Servo
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Wayne1one
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by timmay70
Over the past 3+ years I have owned a variety (over 8, after that I lost count) of Hitec servos (they all fall into your $115+ category of "high end"), not one of them have centered properly. I am sorry if my conclusion does not meet your approval, however, for my budget purposes, it isn't worth it for me to 'test' another of the same brand based on my past experiences. I'd rather learn from other's experiences and target the best known servos to find the one that is right for me.

It seems to me that the original poster was asking opinions on what servo to go with. I was hoping that they would save over $900 in trying to find the one that works for them.
and could say the exact opposite.

Over the past 8+ years I have owned a variety (over 8, after that I lost count) of Hitec servos (they all fall into your $115+ category of "high end"), all of them have centered properly. My experience.

I am not exclusive to hitec I also run JR servos, and people dont like them. But they work for me.

For real, I am trying to stay neutral go back in the post its other people bashing brands not me. I just showed that this was not so, simple and plain.

adamage "IMO, Hitek doesn't make a high-end digital servo."

adamage "High price doesn't make a servo high-end, it just makes it expensive."