R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R/C Tech LIVE from the 2003 ROAR Carpet Nationals
Old 03-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Mike Blackstock
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Track and the Traction......

Well first off the traction i thought changed the most from the last day of practice to the 1st qualifier. Then i think it pretty much stayed the same all the way through the event. Getting alittle more at night and alittle less in the morning wich is VERY normal for carpet racing..

As for the tires and setup i ran. I kinda hit on something in practice that really made the car wicked fast on new tires and this was the setup. With carpet we are learning stuff new all the time. This time i hit on it very good. I think Jaco will be coming out with these tires soon. We ran double pink/Orange fronts and Double pink Rears. This combo works great on fresh tires and i feel like is faster then purple/orange and purples. I feel like the tire combo gave great acceleration with very good corner speed. the only downfall to these is the 2nd and 3rd run the car starts getting out of control.. I know pauly has been running this type of tire for the last year and a half.

As for the setup I am finding out the cars are getting faster and faster wich is why we are going softer and softer . It took me about a hour to make this change since i am old school and would never have thought that soft would have worked.. To my suprise it was great...

We also ran the KR motors wich i felt was a great advantage with the 10 turn limit. We are still learning more with what winds etc they will like. But for the first race out i was VERY happy with my horsepower. Just wish i could have run them in my 1/12th scale car :-)

Mike Blackstock