R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Serpentd
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
First off i want to start by thanking you for taking the time to think/write all of this.

Second off i want to tell you guys it is the damn receivers. Something is up with 3 of my receivers but only in this car. 1 of my receivers works great in this car and it happens to be the one that i got recently. As of now 3 hours in it has not glitched once. If i put any other receiver in it starts to glitch.
I am still not convinced that this is the cure because i have done this months ago and it works fine for a while and then starts glitching again.
I have not mounted it back to the car but i dont think that will cause any problems since it happens out of the car.

I was reading on spektrum site and they mention something about "shut down" and it has to do with ESD. Maybe this is whats going on with all of mine? Maybe the graphite is causing something like this?

Until it happens again i am gonna try to 4get about this...lol

I wanted to thank everyone who took time to try and help me...thank you all

Now on 2 tuning..
Dude, no problem! You are very welcome. The cool part is that you got it figured out.You are lucky to have enough radio parts to help diagnose this sort of thing. Dude, to only have one GOOD receiver out of four is VERY odd!! These are all Spektrum right? Is the one that worked any different then the others? meaning that one was Pro and the others were the "older" style or what? I ask this because I have 4-6 different Spektrum recievers...most are Pro but a few are not. I have only used two of these recievers in cars that I have raced. So I am concerned about the reliability here. Obviously moving to spektum TX, I have been converting my important cars to this. But How the hell can 1 out of 4 work?? I will get on the Spektrum web sight and research what you were talking about with "shut down". But this is not very cool. What do you plan on doing with 3 bad receivers? Because in my opinion, all 4 should work fine in ANY car. I never had your issues with FM. I don't want to run into your issues either.

I hope you plan on sending the 3 bad receivers in for repair or replacement, because that is totally unacceptable. Did you happen to do anything to the receivers yourself to kill them, or are they manufacturer defects? I'm just curious on what you think the problem with these things are. I still need to do my own research but curious to what you or others find out.

Anyway bro, I am very pleased to hear you located the colprate and can safely move on. Keep us posted on how the stability is on this bad boy! Later!