R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AMB POWER SUPPLY NEEDED BY RCRE.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 09:06 AM
plumbum
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yes you are right corwin. but you have the new version rack and charger. the rack itself regulates the voltage to the transponders. where as our old system is regulated by the power supply. if you put 12 volts to the 1.2 or 1.5 volt transponders you would fry them. again this is what i have been told by some guys that have looked into the amb system and how it works. it is also why amb requires us to buy the rack and charger together. they dont make the older version of power supply. i did hear about contacting the originalk manufacturers of the power supplies. they are from cali i believe. anyway it would wind up being something like $125 usd for a new power supply that would work. plus any shipping and tarrifs, fees, taxes etc... from importing. i have been stuck trying to find a suitable solution that is within our budget but i have found one that we are going to purchase. thanks for the responses guys. i do have one more question though. is anybody going close to kelowna on theri way to the win nats.