R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - AMB POWER SUPPLY NEEDED BY RCRE.
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 05:18 PM
plumbum
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

amb doesnt sell the power supply seperately. but yes we have the old rack and charger and new internal battery powered transponders. we have the ambrc decoder, loop etc... but no power supply. we run the amb system off of our computer(i beieve). the original power supply is unrepairable becuase of the epoxy coating on the circuit board. this is my understanding from a friend of mine who is a electronics tech for the military. as for a new brick power supply, i dont know the specs of the old power supply or the ability to adapt one to it. i believe it has a 4 pin connector. and from my understanding is that the amb ps has a balance feature and etc.. as to not over charge the batts. what we dont want to do is fry the new transponders with an adapted system to make it work. it is one of the features our exec would like to keep for the new and/or budget racers in our club. we have located a system 20 rack and charger for a reasonable price so i think we are going to go that route. if you have any other possibilities or solutions that you could inform us of it would be gretaly appreciated. also if i was wrong in stating that we use the comp to power our ambrc i will post back. thanks for the help.

adam