R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Artificial-I
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well guys dusted off the starter box and finally did some test runs and everything seems pretty well setup. I got pretty close to the base settings by eye. Did the rest on the setup system last night.

Also installed my new pressure chamber. Its a tad different than what you normally see and the CF looks just so pretty.

Car ran extremely well , then I threw my regular tricks at the TZ motor and its a beast now. Only 160F temps and its too fast for its own good. It just brakes traction. I didnt see any reason to lean it more , but did anyway and oh my! Low or high rpm it was just leaving patches and taching straight to max rpm. It sounded like it was driving on dust. Will have to see how it truly runs once I got the right tires on a prepared track and see how it grabs. Got the clutch right where I want it also. Mugen Gold spring and mugen yellow pad. Tensioner nearly out.

It seems like a lot of the screw to threaded ball connections like to come off , been getting out the lock tite on all those. So far so good. Nothing like a shakedown on a nice warm florida day.

Heres some photos of the new pressure chamber setup. Its more of a pressure chamber rather than most who use an expansion chamber. I think itll proove more effective.

These are the days that it just feels so good to just have a nice car ready to go. Good weather + good car = good day. Also yes landscaping was done by yours truly.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 02-23-2007 at 05:30 AM.