R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - B4 delrin A arms
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Buff
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Those do look pretty sweet....i like how they even LOOK strong....and how they shine.....

Maybe you guys should look into other parts too such as shock towers, caster blocks, steering bellcranks, rear hubs, etc....

I'd like to have a set of composite (NOT aluminum!!!) rear hubs with vertical ball studs for the B4/T4/BJ4....aluminums just don't work because Trinity and Racers' Edge both make them, but there are problems with them both because they're made of aluminum.....for the trinity's, the bearings don't fit tight and have lots of wheel slop....the Racers' Edge have slop in the hinge pin holes so you have that same wheel slop again (unless you get a new version which have set screws) but still, the R.E.'s have too many holes to choose from and causes fitting problems...if you use the two holes to the outside, the tie rod hits the inside of the hub when the suspension is compressed....unless you raise the crap out of the ball stud.....which is stupid and defeats the purpose.

Anyway, a set of rear hubs like the CR's for the B4/T4/BJ4 would be very cool with vertical ball studs.....only need two to three holes, and you could even have different toe-in hubs available as well in half degrees. Or you could basically copy a set of AE rear hubs and redrill the hinge pin hole at different angles to get more toe-in.....these would sell as well I'm sure as having more toe-in adjustments for the rear is a really good tuning tool to have.

Just some ideas.....